Youth Computer Scavenger Hunt
Any youth who earns 500 points by the ward Halloween party will earn a very fun prize from our prize basket! Whoever earns the most points will earn the grand prize and it will be awesome!
1. Create your Family Search login (10 points)
2. Help someone else to create a Family Search login (25 points)
3. Fill out "My Family" booklet (25 points)
4. Print out your genealogy fan and put it on your bedroom wall (20 points)
5. Consult one on one with of our ward consultants on new ways to find names on your particular lines (40 points):
· Ward Family History Youth Consultant Sister Hakes in class or call (575) 621 6584
· Ward Consultants Brother and Sister Saddler during class
6. Train someone else to fill out their information on FamilySearch.org (75 points)
7. With your parents help (they must create a log in At the same time) create your own Ancestory.com account that you can use in family history class (75 points)
8. Go to the http://familyhistorylc.blogspot.com and read any article and publish a comment (20 points)
9. On the http://familyhistorylc.blogspot.com site look at August 24, 2016 post “Youth Projects” and complete any one of the projects for (100 points) if you complete more than 1 project than you will earn (50 extra points) for each additional project.
10. Make a “meme” using an ancestor’s photo and post it (50 points)
11. Take a family name to the temple and do their baptism and confirmation (100 points). if you complete more than 1 project than you will earn (50 extra points) for each additional name.
12. Have your parents or someone else take each name that you have had baptized and confirmed and have them complete the initiatory, endowment and if applicable sealing (150 points), for each additional name you will earn (75 extra points)
13. Add ancestor’s photos to their profile in Family Search (10 points per picture posted)
14. Add stories to an ancestor’s profile in Family Search (30 points per story posted)
15. Add documents to an ancestor’s profile in Family Search (30 points per document posted)
16. Interview grandparents, and great grandparents about their life and document it in their family search (50 points per family member)
17. Go through the “Quick Training” section on Family Search for indexing (45 points)
18. Find and Finish an indexing project (75 points)
19. Visit Puzzilla.org and find a “cousin” that needs temple work (75 points)
20. Check in with one of the ward’s family history consultants and show your progress for candy (20 points)